This accessibility statement applies to the following website only: wearenorthampton.com
Our goal is to provide digital services that are inclusive and accessible to everyone. To achieve this, we strive to ensure that all our web pages adhere to WCAG 2.1 Level AA standards as per the EU Accessibility Directive. Our accessibility statement outlines our pledge and ongoing efforts to enhance accessibility. It is important to note that our website is designed to be barrier-free, so that every user can access it without hindrance.
This website is run by West Northamptonshire Council Digital Services Team. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- you cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader
- there’s a limit to how far you can magnify the map on our home page
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ll consider your request and get back to you within 7 days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: email@example.com
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
West Northamptonshire Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is fully compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 20th March 2023. It was last reviewed on 24th March 2023.
This website was last tested on 20th March 2023. The test was carried out by Pavement Creative Ltd, with assistance from West Northamptonshire Council.
To provide a range of results, we tested the following pages as part of our accessibility review: